So, I promised myself I’d blog every Sunday, but I was so excited so I had to post this earlier:
I lost 2 pounds this week! I now weigh 151.
How did this happen? Well, I assume that this weight loss can be attributed my body’s slow return to normalcy after the holidays. However, this week I have been consciously engaging in key weight loss strategies that I think are exceptionally effective.
1. Meal Planning – I usually plan my meals, but that kind of went to the wayside for the last month or so. I literally plan out everything we will eat all week and go to the grocery prepared to buy only those things. Good for the waistline and for the budget.
2. Cooking at home – As an effort to save money and get skinny, we have been cooking at home for a while, but just returned to it again. It gets a little old cooking every night after work, but I love that I know exactly what’s in my food. Plus, I often find cooking quite relaxing after a long day of sitting in office. I intentionally cook extra so we have lunch for the next day. This is what we ate this week:
Monday – Pan chicken marinated in a lemon garlic sauce with white rice and broccoli
Tuesday – Black bean soup, homemade, with salad
Wednesday – Panera – Broccoli cheddar and half a turkey sandwich
Thursday – Pan cooked tilapia with lemon and olive oil, oven roasted red skin potatoes in olive oil and broccoli
Friday – Sinful dinner out
Tonight – Mushroom ravioli with salad in marinara
3. Counting my calories – I keep a spreadsheet of everything I eat, and plan it out in advance. I aim to eat around 1200 calories a day. I need about 1750 to maintain my current weight. I actually do not feel hungry at all as long as I am eating healthy.
4. Starting each day with fresh vitamin filled juice
5. Working out every day after work – I used to come home every day and basically watch tv or read blogs until my husband came home. Now that we have an elliptical, I essentially watch the same shows, but I just work out through them. I worked out every day, including today, except Wednesday and Friday. I track my progress on my calorie counting spreadsheet.
So, I know no one really reads this, but at least I’ll be able to look back in excitement in a few weeks 🙂 Until next Sunday….